Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Nesting, I guess it really does exist

I have been trying so hard not to make every blog entry about this baby or pregnancy and I am failing miserably at it. I promise to share thoughts on other aspects of my life at least once this week to prove that I do have other thoughts and life does exist to me beyond my body and the baby.

Ok I feel better now.

So nesting....is it a myth or is it real?

Ask me before the last week or so and I would have said myth or old wives tale. I be lots of women have babies and don't experience nesting.

How is it manifesting itself with me?
1. Intense urge to reorganize closets, pantries, refrigerator/freezer, basement
2. Desire to purge: stuff from the basement, closets, fridge
3. Pressure I feel to get all the baby gear together, I have been trying to do it myself but have found that Graco requires you to have a PhD. in engineering just to rig the pack n play together, poor J, I have a project a day for him. In fact, it would make it easier if I just let him do it start to finish instead of half trying..... I did get the shelving unit together myself :)
4. The NEED to have all the 0-6 month clothes washed, folded and put away before baby comes and if you know me, you know I HATE doing laundry
4b. In fact I feel the need to have all our clothes washed and away ALL.THE.TIME... its especially weird because I HATE doing laundry!
5. Desire to buy organizational stuff... hello that is so not me, maybe I am channeling my sister Jess
6. Renewed desire to cook, don't get me wrong, I LOVE to cook but with morning sickness, fatigue, swollen feet, and gestational diabetes I cook the easiest, healthiest meals I can but nothing like I used to. However, I have gotten back into cooking here and there. Tonight I am even crock potting pulled pork for dinner tomorrow night :) J, is weird about me crock potting during the day like normal people so I do it overnight (fine with me, except I usually want to eat whatever I made at 7am!)
7. Insomnia that is caused by me thinking about the things that still need to get done for the baby like having the car seats inspected and finishing birthing class.

What are some misconceptions?
1. When you nest you have renewed energy... not me for sure!
2. Its an urge to do more of what you already do... NOT see #1-5 for proof!
3. It means the baby is coming... nope! One friend nested from week 20-week 40 and went on her due date!

Ah well, J likes it because he is much more into organizing and cleaning than I am, shocking I know! So he says I should be like this more often hahaha! I just have to pace myself and I can get what I need to do...even though its not all done its getting there!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

There's nothing wrong with focusing on the baby on your blog sis!! And I love the nesting, it's pretty cool :)