Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 19, 2010

In a word: Perfect

This past Sunday was our baby shower.

In a word it was perfect. The location, the weather, the food, the family and friends. I felt loved, overwhelmed with gratitude and joy.
To me, it wasn't just a typical shower where no one mingles and everyone sticks to the folks they know. Family from both sides chatted and oooo'd and awww'd. My friends from different genres of my life mixed for the first time and to me it was a smooth and fun event.

I am not one to enjoy getting all the attention. Being a triplet, I am used to sharing the lime light. However, this felt less about me and more about the joy and celebration of the life that we will be welcoming soon.



I have to say that having this baby has really brought our family and my friends together in such a special way. My sisters and sister-in-law did so much work and were so thoughtful down to the last detail.


They ordered the cookies I love and food I can eat and the decorations were adorable. My mom worked her magic and it was amazing that she did so much because she usually stays out of showers, they just are not her thing. She did a terrific job MC'ing and making everyone feel welcomed.

The gifts we recieved were so generous and adorable. All the little socks, outfits, hats and blankets. One blanket in particular brought me to tears it is so special.
J's mom made a blanket for him when he was a baby but didn't finish it until after he was born. Since he had so many complications for the CP she didn't finish it until he was older. She saved it in her Hope chest until one day he would have a child. So you can imagine just how much it meant to us to recieve it.

J and I had a wonderful time at the shower and coming home looking at everything again was just so much fun. Her room is almost together and now I can just imagine sitting in her room rocking her and telling her about all the family and friends she has that love her so much.....ok cue the tears ;)

********
On a side note I got a wonderful email from one of my church friends in FL. Everytime I hear from Karen it makes me "homesick" for the church family I left at Grace Presbyterian when I was getting my Master's at UF. It feels like an eon ago that I was there with them.
They welcomed me like family and in many ways acted as my family while I was there for 3 years. I finally got to share that we are having this baby and they are thrilled.
Wish I could visit them. The last time I was there was when I snuck into the choir while J and I were on our honeymoon in FL :) That was 3.5 years ago! Where does the time go?!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

aw sis, this was beautiful. I got teary too. So glad this worked out as well as it did. Love you so much and am so excited to meet my niece. I love her already.

Jessica said...

Love you sis!! SO happy that the shower turned out just as you'd hoped. It was an incredible celebration. I'm so excited to meet my niece now more than ever :)