Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Greatfulness

I never cease to be amazed at the generosity of friends and family.

This past weekend my dad threw us a mini-shower and my sisters/bro-in law came. It was a great time. There was great food and cake (yes I had some even with GD) :)

My dad invited some of his friends and we were showered with adorable clothes that make me tear up just thinking about getting to dress her up.

We got a pack n play which she will sleep in a the first few weeks and the best gift ever a Flip camcorder from my sisters.

At first I was nervous the Flip would be too small for J to use b/c of his CP and shakey hands. But we tried it out and he can use it. I LOVE IT! I am taping the dogs already ;)

What just floors me is that every day this week I have come home to mail/a package on my door step or someone dropping by with handme downs.

Amaaaaazing!!!!! We have so many clothes, infant toys and even a exacauser.

I am churning out laundry like its my job and I usually hate laundry. But there is nothing more satisfying than washing her clothes with Dreft and folding up all the cute little clothes into neat little piles.

The nursery is just about done and I have to admit I have cried more than once just sitting in there thinking about the fact we will be meeting her very soon.

But going back to people being generous, seriously..... it is so wonderful and I can't even find words to express it even with a thank you note, which I think I should buy stock in Hallmark for all the cards I have and plan to send :)

I was mentioning this to my mom and she said she's not surprised and I shouldn't be because I do alot for others but seriously, it feels like so much all at once.

I was worrying about how we would get ready for her financially and I feel like God is just providing in abundance for us.

This weekend is our shower which I am excited about. My sisters and sister-in-law and mom are in charge and I know its going to be a great time. I can sense everyone's excitement as this is the first niece/granddaughter and great granddaughter (on my side). I hope my sisters/family aren't overdoing it b/c I know showers are alot of work and I would feel bad. See, I am bad at accepting things being done for me!!

More than anything I am looking forward to seeing everyone! Should be quite the celebration!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Aww...so so SO glad you are feeling the love. That's the goal sis and I can't wait for this weekend!!

Jessica said...

YAY!!!! I am so glad you are feeling loved and taken care of - that is the INTENT behind everyone's giving you know. To make you feel special, loved and cared for. You do so much for those you love, you deserve this sis!! Can't wait to celebrate :)