Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

Life paused this week

Ok so I am an optomist. Tuesday night when I came home with pain in my right side I talked myself into thinking it was just a cramp and it would go away. But it did not go away and Josh took me to the ER based on the doctor's advice. I felt every bump and dip in the road. We made it and I was still convinced that I was over reacting but wanted to rule out appendicitis.

The ER doc, gave me the option of a CT scan with alot of radiation or go home and see if it gets worse. What did I do? I went home because the doctor said he felt like it wasn't something major like appendicitis or a torsion.

But abour 6am the next morning I knew this pain was not going away. We got back to the ER and I went right in. I am usually not someone to take pain medication but after an hour I was in great pain. They prepped me for a CT scan which felt like an eternity and as the hours passed I kept needing more medication. I just wanted to climb out of my body at this point.

I had been thinking that it was my appendix and was prepared for that. Then they told me it was a cyst and it needed to come out. I thought to myself, oh a cyst? Thats all? It will go away, I don't need surgery for that! But I decided to have the surgery. I was terrified, but felt better that maybe after that I would not be in pain any longer.

Turns out I had an ovarian torsion. They repaired my ovary and I will be ok. They don't know why it happened yet. I go back in 2 weeks to find out.

I stayed O.N. in the hospital and came home yesterday. Feels good to be home but I am in more pain than I would like. I am not going to complain though because it could have been alot worse.

I am just so thankful that Josh was so calm and that he took such good care of me. I knew he was the ONE a long time ago when I was really sick in FL and he just happened to be with me visiting. He was so calm and collected and took great care of me then. I am so used to taking care of myself that it was hard for me to let him take care of me. He has been awesome though and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

Also, my family really came to my side. My dad showe dup just at the right time and my sisters helped me get home and brought me awesome snacks. Man, those organic animal crackers and toast were just what I needed.

The last few days have felt like the longest days of my life. I know that everything happens for a reason and I know God watched over me during the whole ordeal. I am relieved it is over but am still filled with questions as to why it happened. I am trying not to think about it for now and just get better.

No comments: