Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Learned something new on Father's Day


Today, we spent the day with my father-in-law and sister-in-law. It was a really fun day despite the dreary day. We had a cookout and I even made baseball themed cupcakes because we got Josh's dad Red Sox tix. It was a nice day.

It wasn't how I pictured it though, my dad wasn't there. We had been planning this for weeks: a joint Father's Day cookout for both dads. Unfortunately, because of an unfortunate circumstance my dad didn't come. We kind of fought about it all week and I didn't like it at all. I wanted to cheer him up and do something with all the family as we are all feeling the loss of Nonna. My dad and I have had these fights in the past and its Nonna that would mediate and try to get us to talk. It had been a few days and we hadn't resolved the argument.

Today, he called. Not to fight but to hear my side and try to resolve our differences. It was so unlike how it usually goes. He really wanted to get together so we found another time to celebrate Father's Day. It was a tuning point for us and I am sad we weren't together but glad we got a bit closer.

I also reflected on family and how I feel the great loss of my grandmother, I think about the possibility of new life. Who knows maybe in a few years Josh and I will be celebrating him as a father on Father's day. For now, he just gets puppy kisses and love from his 'fur kids'

Happy Father's Day

PS Here is a shot of our garden... its growing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks great! Nice job!