Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sleep habits of a four month old

Those are the words I typed into Google this morning to help give me an idea as to why she is now sleeping like a newborn again.

Last night I put her down at 9pm and she was up at 1am until 3am with me nursing her and putting her down twice in the time to a scream fest. Then she was up at 4:30am until 5:30 am and then I changed her (she was not even that wet) and nursed her but I knew she wasn't hungry. Then she was back up at 7am.

At that point I was so frustrated and weary from the long night I took her to my bed (I never do this) and nursed her while on my side. I kind of dozed and she slept. Its not a habit I really want to start but it helped so much to rest.

I believe they call it sleep regression because she was sleeping 5-6h even 7-8 on some nights starting at 9pm. Thats what is so frustrating!

I love this little girl, but mama needs to sleep! J, has been getting up to rock and hold her which helps but if she screams I cant sleep! Plus its usually that she is hungry.

So, I am hoping she can get back to her old sleep habits soon thankyouverymuch!

I thought I'd do her stats for fun and so I don't forget!

How old? 16 weeks
How much does she weigh? 16 lbs
Sleep pattern? See above but she naps between 9-11am, 2-3pm and sometime 4-5pm
How long? 24 inches
Milestones? gigling thisweek

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Sleep regression! That's a bummer, sis, but you are taking it like a champ! She's 16 lbs and 16 weeks old, that's kinda cool :)I wanna hear a giggle!

Jessica said...

She giggles?? I have to hear it!!!!

squashgirlphd said...

She giggles and it is adorable! Mom caught it on Skype today! Its cool 16/16! :)