Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

I have to face the facts...



Fact #1: Isabel is 10 months today! Wow, that means 2 months until her birthday! She's growing so fast! She's loving eating table food, playing with other babies, her new babysitter and the cats and dogs! She's love the pool, beach and tubby! Loves getting out and seeing new things and is such a social kid!
Her stats: 23.5lbs, 28.5 inches, wears mostly 12 mo clothes but fits 9 months clothes still
She babbles mama, dada, baba and sometimes a 'hi' and waves, claps, taps and signs more!

Fact #2
My kid is a not a crib sleeper. I have spent the better part of these last 10 months getting her to be one. We have had various periods of sucess where she will go to sleep and be ok with being transferred to her crib. She still wakes up alot. I know its because she doesn't know how to put herself back to sleep and all that I have tried to help her understand it has FAILED!

We are doing a combo of her falling asleep on my bed and transferring to the crib, which lately results in screams and puking. So, she's been sleeping on our bed or napping in the car/ stroller.

Why is she like this? I don't know. Its in a word frustrating.

My latest idea is to try to get her to fall asleep on her crib mattress in her room to allow her to get the idea and not be moved. She could roll off but it would only be a 2 inch drop. Her room is safe, gated and I am within earshot.

Fact #3
If anyone is ever going to care for her here or in day care this sleep issue is going to be well, an issue. I don't have a solution. CIO is really not an option and yet, what to do? More on this later!

Fact #4
Isabel is a crib stander! As you can see in the above pic!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

happy 10 months my beautiful niece! I LOVE that she waved at me the other day when I was saying bye, that was so adorable. My only wish was that I could see her every single day, or at least every single week...I wanna work on that :) Love you sis!

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Awww I love that she waived to you and yes, every week would be great, every day would be better ;) xo