Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Why do I cook?

I never quite understood the saying 'Food is love'. Obviously, I know that growing up my family showed they cared for me by sharing a meal and cooking our favorite treats!

Now, I can see how cooking for others really has become a way for me to show love to others. Others may think I go overboard when they come to our house for dinner, I can't help it! I love to bake, try new recipes and make old favorites!

Tonight I am making butternut squash soup (thanks to my sisters's yummy recipe), zucchini, ham and monterey jack cheese quiche and pumpkin pie. Tomorrow night, our graduate student friends are coming over for dinner to appreciate our squash harvest. One of our friends is make a butternut squash and goat cheese pizza :)

Off to make an apple pie for Bible study Tuesday night!

1 comment:

jolene1079 said...

YUM! How did the soup come out? Honored that you tried it ;-)