Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Is the graduate school experience a good indicator of life in academia?

I feel like its not. As I sit here at my desk prioritizing my work load and feeling like I am not accomplishing anything! I feel like graduate school is an exercise in perservearence.

Lately, I haven't felt productive despite being busy or all that enlightened despite being able to teach lab/lecture.

Time is passing, yes but sometimes I feel stuck in the vaccumm of grad school life. Where it is easy to come in everyday and yet accomplish very little.

I am not saying I am a slacker by any means but I feel like the days are filled up with meetings, class obligations and TA grading etc. how can I ever have time to focus on my research?

When I was teaching I found the balance of research/teaching a challenge and always felt busy BUT I was in control of my schedule.

When I am a TA all that goes out the window and thus I am feeling frustrated!

I hope that after I finish my PhD. I will still be able to feel productive and be able to accomplish my work without feeling like I am losing control of the day!

Gah, it can be so frustrating!

3 comments:

jolene1079 said...

I gve you so much credit - you juggle a heck of a lot and still remain balanced! Keep it up sis!

Anonymous said...

Good luck keeping all those balls in the air! Check out my blog today for some award nominations ;-)

Jolene said...

Boo! Read my blog today ;)