Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 28, 2009

What I am thankful for

Wow, here we are again starting a new holiday season. I must admit I am somewhat in denial that we are here again!

It has been a surprisingly tough year for me, with the loss of my nonna and uncle Fred. My surgery and resulting health issues and my PhD./research schedule is getting more hectic and stressful.

So the good news?
-Josh and I are about to head into our 3rd year of marriage,
-We have an awesome family and friends
-We have a new roof and painted house!
-I have an amazing household of pets :) but I would adopt more if we could
-We have become part of a wonderful church and small group friends
-I am starting a new chapter in my life and I am going to get healthier!
-My research is coming along... at least for now!

So, despite some struggles, I am glad about where I am in my life. I accept the challenges and appreciate my family and friends more than ever!

I miss my nonna everyday and though this time of year is bittersweet, the last time I saw her healthy was Christmas eve. I miss seeing her for Thanksgiving and I know that this holiday season will feel more bittersweet without her.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Love this post - very positive, despite some struggles...love you sis! And I miss Nonna too...