Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Alittle perspective and a laugh go a long way

So sometimes even when you really want something if it isn't in God's plan for me just yet it won't happen. I get that. I think in my mind I get it even if my heart doesn't.


Phillipians 4:6 says "Do not be axious about anything, but everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"


I was reminded of that today when they read this verse on Air1 radio FM a station a work friend turned me onto in the fall. It was as if God heard my silent prayers and this is the verse I was meant to hear today. It was amazing to hear those words and know that God cares for me, every little thing I do from brushing my teeth to figuring out what carotenoids are in my squash samples. He wants to hear all about my struggles and He is concerned with all my thoughts and wishes. It is comforting.


I feel a sense of relief just knowing that and peace that whatever happens next will be His will not mine. I think in this society we tend to be very driven go-getters i.e. control freaks. Thats me when it comes to most things. Of course God wants us to be motivated and seek out opportunities but He wants us to consult him rather than choosing our own will which may not be the best path. So, in my prayers lately I have been asking for guidance and peace even if I don't understand why some things have happened the way they have.


****

On a side note I have been soaking in the summer sun while doing pollinations for my advisor and working in the field on my own squash research. It has been really nice to get outside and do what I love despite getting there at 6:30am! I came across this cartoon and it made me laugh because I call myself the busy bee when I do my pollinations!

1 comment:

jolene1079 said...

This is such an inspiring and hopeful post - I love it, and am so glad you are trusting in God to light your way...don't be anxious sister, it doesn't do much good... I am realizing that more and more (same with worry - what's the quote - worrying is like a rocking chair, it won't get you anywhere?! something like that - lol).