Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Adventures in Camping




This was my first time camping with Josh and I have to admit I was nervous. Not because I didn't think that we would have fun but because Josh was packing. He took the day off to pack the car while I worked a 12h day just to find out that I would need to come in early the next morning to finish up leaving him to do most of the packing.




I bought all the groceries on Monday night in a huge thunder and lightning storm and rushed all the cold groceries in and left the packaged stuff in the car. Of course it wasn't until we were 1/2h away from the campground we realized that neither of us had packed the cold cuts.




We get to the campground and lo and behold there is the bag of cold cuts... ooops! Not to mention we were late getting to the campground but it was such a beautiful day it didn't matter!


Josh's dad met us at the site and helped us set up. It was so fun getting set up and ready to camp!




We had a wonderful week and it was so restful and relaxing! I felt like Josh and I were on our honeymoon again it was so fun and we laughted our head off the whole time!




Things I have learned about camping:


1. Bring lots of ice and make sure that all the cold food is in the cooler!


2. Tarps are your friend even if it doesn't seem like its going to rain


3. There is no such thing as not enough books or marshmallows!


4. Josh loves any reason to use a blow torch to start a fire LOL!


5. Paddle boats look fun but they are a work out... we could have walked faster!


6. I am not as scared of sleeping in a tent as I thought I would be it was cozy


7. We definetly need to bring the dogs next time


8. I need to bring something to pee in when I wake in the middle of the night because the bathroom was a haul!


9. Despite my protests, bringing a fan (we had water and electricity at the site) was the best thing we brought, kept our tent cool


10. 6 days is not long enough, wish we had a month!




I can't believe how much I love camping and how much fun we had as a couple! Definetly one of the highlights of the summer!


No comments: