Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 11, 2008

Uggggh its raining

Generally speaking, I love the rain on a Sunday afternoon when I can nap and relax to the sound rain taping on the window sill. Not when it is August (aka the supposedly hottest, driest, warmest month of the year). Especially when I am trying to grow a crop for my PhD. Ok, yes every garden has suffered, even my home garden and yes, I know thats the risk I take with field work BUT.... who knew it would be such a dreary rain month of July-August (so far).

I am quite concerned that my squash may succumb to diseases further than what they are already suffering from (soft rot). I see fungi= not a good sign. Winter squash though the name is misleading originate from the tropics and need warm dry weather to thrive!

So, hopefully my fields will dry up so I can get back in there and do my work without sinking up to my ankles in mud. Thankfully I had sneakers on, my crocs would have been lost forever. Yes, some of you would not mourn that loss but I would because now I have mud stained useless sneakers.....

No comments: