Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Shopping with a toddler

Some would say why bother? She's too young to remember it.

However, this weekend my sister and I took Isabel shopping for Christmas presents. Its kind of an undertaking but it was worth it. She just loved walking around and exploring every.single.thing. Its becoming sort of a tradition, its our 2nd year doing it and I think its a tradition thats going to stick. Of course last year was challenging because Isabel was cluster feeding while we shopped!

We had a plan for keeping her busy and active (no strollers for this busy girl). The bummer about this shopping outlet is that we have to drive from plaza to plaza and you know how she hates the car seat!

Well, she did well. She loved walking the sidewalk and making friends with passersby.

I gotta say it makes me proud when people comment on how cute she is or make conversation with her. *proud mama alert*

It helps that she is very outgoing and as long as I don't stifle her (let her take her time 'browsing' anything at eye level) then we are good, no tantrums or fights.

Highlights of the day included, getting to sit on a ride (we didn't have quarters but she pretended to ride it anyway) and getting to meet two sweet golden retriever basset hounds. They seriously looked like Liam (head anyway on a basset body). Cute and hilarious at the same time. They were 6 mo old but so well behaved! Isabel stole the show though with her patting and wanting to kiss them. Love! Also, Starbucks was surprisingly fun!

My sister Jolene is a natural at being an auntie, she just follows suit with whatever we are doing. She holds her hand when we walk and looks right into her face and talks to her. Isabel loves it. I see their bond strengthening and it makes my heart swell.

We made a stop for lunch at Starbucks, I was thinking McDonalds would be a safer bet for Isabel but Jolene was confident Startbucks would work. I was pleasantly surprised. She had a high chair, happily ate raisins and 'chatted' up the other folks in the cafe. It was so fun to see Jolene sharing a favorite spot with Isabel. I just know she will keep doing this with her and Isabel will cherish and feel like a big girl. Just like I did when my aunties took me out and made me feel special.

I should say that each of her aunties so special to Isabel and I just love watching their relationships grow. Its amazing and heart warming and its just the best feelings in the world.

3 comments:

Jolene said...

awww! sis! I had a huge grin on my face reading this :-) This was, by far, one of my favorite times with you and Isabel this weekend. It was an experience, for sure, in juggling her and also trying to shop, but I think we did just great! I loved the Starbucks visit and how she was totally chatting people up and being a ham. And I loved her kisses when I said goodbye. Little munchkin :) XOX!

Jess said...

SO sweet! I'm sure Auntie Jo was a huge hit with the little one!! I loved this! Sad I missed it but I promise this will definitely be an annual tradition!! Such a sweetie pie!

Isabel's Mom said...

She is a ham isn't she, so outgoing! Even though she was sick!

Yes, Auntie Jess will get her turn too! She is lucky to have such wonderful aunties that love her so much!