Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thankful Tuesday

Today, I am making an effort to be greatful and thankful. Sometimes its hard to do but being positive and accepting the situation I find myself in is often all that God asks of us.

So here goes:
1. We got 2 offers on the house after showing it 3x on Saturday...amazing!

2. Isabel loves 'school' *gasp* who knew? She naps well and doesn't cry at pick up/drop off

3. Visiting Gram and Gramp was short and sweet on Saturday but Isabel was the life of the party. She even held Grampy's hand as she walked to the car. Such a priceless moment. She lights up for them and they light up for her. Love!

4. I decided to crockpot dinner over night because I wouldn't be home in time to turn it off when it was ready. The house smells of pot roast, which I am sure is torturing the dogs ;) and all I have to do is reheat it!

5. I am making progress on my dissertation. I have been praying for this alot and walking around repeating to myself (in my head)...'I am going to kick this PhD.'s butt"

6. Isabel's jabbering with intonation is adorable and hilarious, I can't help but laugh and follow along, did I mention how much joy this little girl brings me!!

7. My birthday is this week and I am looking forward to birthday cake...I feel justified and I am close to reaching my daily 10,000 steps on my pedometer...

8. I am accepting that I enjoy a little bit of work and alot of Isabel i.e. working 3 6h days is better than I thought and I am NOT going to feel guilty for enjoying the balance

9. J brought home chocolate just for me last night yum!

10. We are going to the Topsfield fair as a family this weekened wheeeeee!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I love this, sis!! LOVE that you're using the pedometer too. that made me smile. What also made me smile? Envisioning you guys at the fair this weekend!! Maybe you'll surprise auntie and stop by for a visit before you head home. ;-) Love you guys!

Jolene said...

aww! so glad you are getting your steps in :) helpful, isn't it? And I love the things you are thankful for. I wish I was there when Isabel held Grampy's hand!!

Veggie Girl and Family said...

I know Jess, you inspired me! However, Isabel knocked it off me and tossed it around the bathroom at the outlets in Kittery today, does that count as steps? I think not! Jo, I know it was just the sweetest moment!