Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Refreshed

Apparently what I needed was a technology fast as well as lots of naps to feel more like myself. J and I went up to Lake Umbagog for the week and stayed in a beautiful cabin right on the lake with the pups. J's dad has a cabin nearby and we got to visit and hang out. It was in a word perfect.

What did we do? Well, we had no phone or internet access (hence no blogging) and yes we did have power and TV. We ate good food, took naps, read books, took the dogs swimming and spent time together just the two of us.

We really unplugged. J especially. We had both been so stressed with the house projects, Liam's health, J's busy work schedule, my GD and his Grandmother's death. We were really feeling disconnected.

By the end of the trip, I felt like I had my husband back, the man I married. I joked that all we need to do is stay on vacation and life would be good! hahaha.

I convinced J to let us stay an extra day b/c the cabin had vacancy. Good, move and more time to relax!

Ladybug and Liam behaved well and had a blast. It helped to be with them all the time and getting to make sure Liam didn't have another seizure. He chased ducks with LB and did a lot of snuggling.

We had been to the lake before but to camp nearby at the state park. Loved it last year but we will be staying at the cabins again next year. It was a big step to plan our family vacation a year in advance but we are already looking forward to it! Baby and all!

I am so glad we had a low key vacation, I have been feeling alot more tired just doing normal things so it was good that I didn't have to do too much. I slept ok, but then again I am not sleeping more that 2h at a time anyway. So the naps helped!

It wasn't too hard to get back to reality but we have a busy week tying up some house projects before the carpets are installed on Thursday.

I will post pix of the trip, me and the nursery as soon as I get my computer back... it has a virus. I definetly need a mac!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

SO glad you guys had fun and rekindled things a bit. Sometimes I think technology is SO easy to just distract us from just "being" with those in our lives. I should do that sometime tooo..