Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

What comforts you?

Here are my top ways I feel comforted when I feel stressed, anxious and overwhelmed. I have been feeling that way lately, but I am finding ways to get through it.

1. God
Of course I have been relying on God's strength to comfort me, especially during this last year. I can't say I always 'feel' comforted all the time but my faith in God is something I rely on to get me through

2. Ladybug and Liam
They are my constants, they snuggle with me and wag their tails and follow a pretty normal routine, eat, sleep, play and snuggle

3. Night lights
I know they are for kids but dim light in our room at night helps me when I wake up when I can't sleep, its comforting for sure

4. Dishwasher
Sounds silly but running it makes me feel like life is normal and routine. I have been known to run it with two dishes in it ;)

5. Pillow
Smell of my pillow, yea know when it comes out of the linen closet, reminds me of mom

6. Food Network
I watched this alot when I was in the hospital, fun shows, nothing scary for shows or anything

Can you tell I like routine and familiar?

I feel like I have been anticipating that the next couple of months will be stressful as I mark one year since everything happened with Isabel's birth and the aftermath.

Good news? So far I feel less stressed than I thought I would and its less scary than I thought so far. Of course the new stress of having Ladybug needing treatment is adding new stress but overall I feel like I am getting through it. Definetly am feeling 'carried along' by my faith.

2 comments:

Jess said...

The smell of my sisters is comforting to me. You each have a distinct smell and I love it - especially when I catch a whiff during a "Jen hug" which I miss so much! xoxo sis!

Jolene said...

Sister smell is SO comforting! Agree :) As is kitty smell. And the dryer going, and the dishwasher too. Love that one :) ((hugs)) sis. you will get through this!