Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PhD Mama playdate

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from a mom that saw my post on the UNH jobs website advertising for a babysitter. She's a PhD grad student with two kids and she didn't want to sound stalker-y but wanted to let me know she lived in my town and did we want to get together?

How funny is that?

In this day and age I guess thats how we connect via email and FB and its interesting how it all comes together.

She's in a different department but she knows other mamas in our area going to UNH so we get to meet up on Friday.

Usually, this kind of meet up social situation would stress me out but I think it will be fun to meet other moms in my boat and commiserate if nothing else.

How cool is it she lives in our tiny lil town!

On a side note, as much as I HATE that I am leaving Isabel so I can go back to work p/t I am feeling alittle excited about finishing. Feels like its been a long haul and I did enjoy my 'life' prior to Isabel. I think it'll feel nice to be appreciated for my brain for once. Not that it doesn't take alot to raise Isabel but it can feel isolating and alittle hum drum sometimes especially when I have a baby that is very active and doesn't like to sleep for long. And oh yea, we don't have tons of money for activities so thankfully its nice out! Making the best of our week together before every thing changes gear next week. Kind of mind boggling that I haven't been to work in 1 year.

A PhD. mama playdate will hopefully start it off on the right foot!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

rooting you on sis, like whoa!!! :)

Penelope said...

Here via Jolene! She recommended your blog. I work full-time and have a 6yo; we're hoping to get pregnant in the not too distant future and the working mom vs. stay at home mom debate reigns supreme in my thoughts!

Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Veggie Girl and Family said...

Awww thank you!