Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Isabel goes swimming and other adventures

So I bit the bullet, put on a bathing suit and bravely marched into the pool with my adorable sweet baby to take her swimming. Probably the first of many experiences where I will do something that is uncomfortable for me but great for Isabel.

She did great! She didn't mind the coolish water and she did all the activities like a fish. Well we didn't do too much because we spent 15 of the 30m on the pool deck learning the rules *yawn*. I was left feeling like it was alot of work to get her dressed and undressed just for 15m of swim but it was fine.

It was a blast from the past to go to the same pool where I did prenatal water aerobics just 6 months ago! It was extra special to go with Crystal (my swim buddy) and Jameson her son!

My body image however, is definetly taking a nosedive...ugh. I am trying to be brave about it but that conversation with my OB and the unflattering pix of me that I have seen of me lately are rattling and depressing.

I don't mean to go on and on about this but it is a fear of mine to become the 'fat' not fit mom. I know that to take care of Isabel, I have to take care of myself. Its a balancing act, the demands of motherhood tend to take precident over dieting especially where breastfeeding is concerned.

I do want to take care of myself don't get me wrong but I can't seem to loose weight in the way I used to right now. I feel like it sounds like a lot of excuses but being a mom and losing weight is a challenging combo. So I have to get creative.

I have the 5k coming up, the WW as a guide and spring is almost here. I am contemplating joining the gym and going in at 5am when Josh can take care of Isabel so I can work out. Might be tough but I love going to gym and Isabel would be sleeping.

I am hoping that I can get out and get more active now that its better weather and I can take Isabel out more that she is bigger.

I guess I feel like the conversation with my OB was not motivating, more or less it made me feel desperate rather than hopeful. Not a good feeling.

So I am going to put my big girl panties on and just work harder to take care of me so I can take good care of Isabel and Josh (can't forget him) plus when I eat well, he does too!

Can't wait for more swimming...and going to lake in a few short months!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are approaching this the right way sis - by realizing that by you getting healthier, you are helping your family too. I know it seems daunting and hard, but you can DO this sis, I know you can. You've been through far worse than this, think of it that way. And you have me and Jo here supporting you all along the way! xoxo

Jolene said...

Agree with Jess. You CAN do this and we are here to help in any way possible. Your doctor was so rude!